God is in CONTROL

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Thankful for KIds University



In February 2012 Terry and I began an effort we had envisioned -- a program to help children from the neighborhood across the street grow closer to Jesus, feel loved and accepted and increase their skills and abilities.
I am thankful for Kids University -- It has grown and gotten better with God's leading.  He has sent so many special people to help with it over the past four years.  This past summer we took a longer break to be able to regain strength from the illnesses we've been battling.

I am thankful for Caitlin King, her grandmother Madge Edmundson, Lora and Reyleigh Obert-Thorn, Dallas Cooper and Eric Miller who worked with Terry to keep it going last Spring during my chemo.

I am thankful for the times when we get to work one-on-one with these kids and see their eyes light up when they learn something new.  Right now we have scaled back to offer this program for the children of the mothers who attend the ladies' class at Life Park  KU is tonight - we won't have as many as we did this time last year - but for the small group of kiddos who come, I want them to feel Jesus love for them.

I don't know what the future is for KU --  but knowing God is already there - I want to rest in that.

Tonight was all about yeast and how the Kingdom is like it.  We worked with dough and this is Arrissa's loaf.  Her mom said she was up until 11:15 baking her's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers