God is in CONTROL

Saturday, November 21, 2015

God's Written WORD

It's Saturday and that's the day that in the past I would always spend getting my Sunday school lesson for my "Super Kids" Sunday school class of 3rd - 5th graders.  I find myself scanning my e-mails from Kids Ministry sites for lesson ideas again.  I've missed that in the past year and look forward to the time I get to return to a teaching schedule.
Breaking down God's story to their level of understanding and then hearing it back from their viewpoint enriches my weekend.  

Several years ago, I claimed this verse as a direction for my remaining years.


Even when I am old and gray,
    do not forsake me, my God,
till I declare your power to the next generation,
    your mighty acts to all who are to come. Psalm 71:18


Being fortunate to teach Sunday school helps me to fulfull that mission.

Throughout my life I have come to see that within the pages of God's book is all the counsel, support and wisdom to guide me.  John 6 says that God's words are LIFE-- and I have found that to be so true as verses have given me direction for my day, turned depression to contentment and joy, and worry into peace.


This verse says to me that often times the whole future is not illuminated -- but the next few steps -- seems to be that's REALLY all we need.

Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path. Psalm 119



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers