God is in CONTROL

Friday, July 31, 2015

He Hears

"‘Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. 
When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames willnot set you ablaze.’" Isaiah 43:1b-2 (NIV)

On Sunday while Terry was preaching,  I got as far down on my knees as I could at home and prayed for DIRECTION and WISDOM– our kids were texting back and forth concerned for their dad and he was pushing on, trying to keep all his commitments.  Marshall was keeping in touch all weekend with Bethany and Mat. When we heard Terry say he was too tired and didn’t have the strength to go play with the g’kids as we often do on Sunday evenings, we knew the man was in serious PAIN and that it had robbed him of any energy. It was keeping his breathing to a minimum.

One word I’ve always known God as is “The Waymaker”  I know the verse, “I am the Way, the truth and the Life” – but I’ve taken it further and personalized it years ago when we took care of my mother and I was clueless as to which way to go.  We would watch God bring people, food, caregivers, doctors together in a mighty way.
HE does that and we saw things come together all week.  .  . even my appointments for the radiation plan fell right into line. So many health issues were examined, showing his heart and lungs are strong - (Thank you, Jesus)
Having just gotten out of the hospital – barely out of his hospital gown – Terry insisted on driving me to those appointments yesterday and then out to school to get more things rolling.   He was wiped out from his previous two days – but wanted to learn with me what was ahead with radiation. We truly LOVE our radiologist, Dr. Nguyen– she is a teacher to the max!  She explained with the previous size of the tumor what my chances of recurring were with and without radiation. She showed I was in the high risk before.  She was pleased with my response to the chemo.I even typed up her handwritten notes to make sure we remembered it all.

This verse above was in one of my morning devotionals – it fit so well as I was brought to see how God was answering my Sunday prayer ALL week.

In all my planning and trying to get back to school on an earlier schedule – I’m seeing that I’m not quite there yet – this past week has really increased my pain. .  . God is healing – I know that as I see it happening – I just have to give it HIS time.

Campbell’s big question in all this:  Nana, when you’re in the hospital – can I come up and bring my friends to visit you? 
Terry laughed and told her momma they could come see him.
Our little ones have been with their favorite baby sitters a lot in the last three weeks with all of this as their momma is managing the five of us so patiently and with GRACE. . . not sure which end of the age spectrum is easier for her --older us or the little "Goodlets".


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers