God is in CONTROL

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Just when I thought the 3 1/2 weeks were the worst part of this whole Cancer regimen - I remembered the nausea and fatigue of those early chemo weeks. Moaning about my pain - I thought of others who are in severe pain ALL THE TIME and have other debilitating situations. HEY, my pain will heal!

My college roommate, Sharon, is now facing a neuromuscular disease that has her immoble from the waist down.  She has determined to be independent and with the help of her family is deeply involved in life and loving despite the challenges that have been thrown at her.

I just learned of her condition on Friday -- and as I was drifting off to sleep that night - I thought about all the nights in our dorm bunk beds when we'd talk about life and what lay ahead in our lives -- health issues were certainly not something we pictured on the horizon of our futures.

PRAYING . . . it's the only and MOST we can do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers