God is in CONTROL

Thursday, February 26, 2015

WORDS



I can't tell you how much WORDS help when you feel like you can't breathe as you're walking down the hall for one more trip to take assignments to students in detention (bless their hearts for making a dumb choice).  This week I've had the post treatment hangover half day EVERY day and I've heard from my co-workers words of encouragement.  (It's nice to know I don't look like I feel)

Little things -- are huge right now -- in fact I count them as BIG THINGS in my blessing book

One teacher knows I need to get home pretty soon after school and Misty is taking my morning duty today so I can go to a faculty meeting before school and not have to make it up AFTER -- she said I'd be able to go home earlier to rest. WHO THINKS OF THAT???

My co-worker, Buffy who is 64 weeks pregnant (not really -- but baby is big and she is so uncomfortable -- is always going out for our lunch and bringing it back to me).  We both walk at the same speed these days and for both of us our FEET HURT.
I see God in the daily blessings -- our neighbor Alejandra brought us dinner last night -- she wrapped cheese around flour tortillas for me -- no spice yet -- just "plain Jane" stuff.
Pam posted this picture on FB with her promise of continual prayers

Pam's yummy soup has gotten me through this week.   Carrissa, Cassie and Jessica fed us this entire weekend post treatment -- what sweet girls with "littles" taking time to put our dinner on the front porch so as not to disturb us. Such yummy food -- I don't have to worry about what to fix when being around the smell of food turns my stomach.  My friend, Jeanna keeps us in restaurant cards.  My friends Carol and Sherry continually text encouraging messages.

TUESDAY was sunny and warm -- didn't realize how the dark gloomy weather had affected my mood.

Some of our best lessons are learned on the dark days-- I love Lent b/c it's that time pre-Resurrection Sunday when we re-focus and re-form to Jesus.  It starts in the dead of winter when the days are gray. -- Spring is coming -- the bright green in the first grass will be the best green and the spring flowers will be the brightest and my favorite colors -- bright yellow, and pink and purple and red -- it's a re-awakening --  I'm glad b/c it seems like the past two months have been 6 months long.

Some things cannot be learned in the light. The greatest treasures are often buried in the deepest pits, and require a step of faith to discover.  Mary Southerland 

This verse keeps coming up in my morning devos.

And I will give you treasures hidden in the darkness - secret riches. I will do this so you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, the one who calls you by name (Isaiah 45:3, NLT)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers