God is in CONTROL

Monday, February 9, 2015

Trench Time

Day 3 and 4 are the pits on this Adriamycin / Cytoxin cycle -

Treatment Day and the day after, I'm kind of buzzed on the drugs and the sterroids --

About 36 hours after treatment -- the bottom falls out and I can't seem to get out of bed --
 the Zofran - I found out is partly responsible for that -- the nurses say I HAVE to take it at the first sign of queasiness -- but after that I can't seem to make my body do anything but lie flat in bed.
But sleep doesn't come -- All those meds whirling around in my body make me sort of wired and short of breath.  Yesterday on Day 5 - I went back to school -- very weak -'wished for a place to lie down - all day long --God got me through.

It  was good to get back to my routine and teenagers and a place where the "C" word doesn't take precedence.

Terry said something inciteful tonight -- "The fact that you are feeling so sick says that you're in the healing process.  If we hadn't found this when we did, you'd be feeling great right now - and the cancer would be growing.
 I go back to my breast doctor tomorrow -- the first time since I started chemo.  I can't wait to see the healing process that is happening show up on the monitor.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers