God is in CONTROL

Thursday, February 19, 2015

God's Gifts

I have often talked about the gifts that God has given me in this season.  On last Saturday (Valentine's Day), I received a card and note from one of my closest childhood friends - Debbie Miles.  The kind of friend you spend afternoons at each other's houses cooking, talking girl things, riding bikes, painting finger nails - imagining life to come.
From my mother's album -- my 11th birthday --  
We grew up in church together--my family and her's were close friends since elementary school- our families often going on outings together.  I immediately recognized her handwriting after 42 years.

We'd gotten together a few times during that time frame -- but living far apart in different states  -- I'd moved several times.  I'd keep up with her through her parents for several years -- but as our parents grew older and our children kept us busier, our lives had both picked up a fast pace and we'd lost touch. 



 Debby Miles Smith was my Maid of Honor  at our wedding. Even as teen agers -- I always respected her genuine and tender heart.  She has always been beautiful inside and out.  She was a true spirit -- and had a sense of humor that always could see the funny side of things.
(I remember how I could get so tickled at her during church -- oops).  

Notice that same beautiful smile through all these years.



I acknowledge these "God stops" because I see what HE is doing for me each and every day.
"Loving Kindness" is a phrase that is attributed to HIM -- it's a way that I describe HIS favor right now.  The Peace that HE is giving day after day -- even today when I was dreading another A & C treatment (although I knew it would be my final one -- I still got a knot in my stomach thinking about what would follow).

Lamentations 3:23-25
Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.
24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
    therefore I will wait for him.”



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers