God is in CONTROL

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Soul Food


I believe scriptures feed our souls -- and make our spirits healthy for the day ahead.  I keep spirals of ones that give me direction when I am worried or one of my loved one is in a trying circumstance.  I love to pray verses over people as God puts those in my head.  I'm praying two specific ones over someone right now who can't sleep and is in deep grief.  Sometimes these verses come from the lips of others or come in an e-mail devo.  They may never even know it -- but the strength being sent their way..  

It's speaking God's words back to him. I learned this many years ago from a Godly principal in a public school in Lubbock, TX who called me in during my planing period to pray over Terry and my ministry with a verse God had woke him up with that morning.  We were in the throes of a huge ministry challenge and I was weakened by all of it.

This is my prayer for all of you today reading this -- As we seek to get our heads around just how big God's love for me and you is.  

Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.  Eph. 3:17-19

Pardon my chemo brain -- I know I've written about manna verses before -- but praying them over a challenge puts words to what we are struggling with and power in the situations we're facing today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers