God is in CONTROL

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

ARMS

OK - to be honest -- the worst part of this whole thing -- what I dread is the surgery weakening my arms.  
Pain??? -- Yeah- we'll deal with that (don't they make good meds for it?)--
 Disfigurement???  --- scars will heal.
 Reconstruction??? -- that will happen, in time - 

But not being able to use my arms to the fullest capacity?  Not being able to lift more than- 6-8 pounds.  I have growing grandbabies and a new granddaughter on the way, for Pete's sake!!!!!

I'm a person who will figure out a way to move heavy pots (yesterday -- I slid a heavy concrete bird bath to a new spot because I thought it would balance the drive - it almost killed me -- but I got it where I wanted it--- and yes, I waited until Terry was gone to do so)

I carry 6 bags of groceries -- loads of teaching stuff -- Leeca said the other day she had to get used to seeing me come to church without carrying in lots of things for my Sunday school class. I guess I'm the poster child for bag ladies.

OK - I overdid yesterday with the lifting and getting myself out of bed was hard this morning--my strength isn't totally back yet -- just 2 weeks out of chemo -- and my arms were what helped me get up.

BUT THIS MORNING IN MY DEVO I FOUND MY MANNA VERSE FOR TODAY:

There is no one like the God of Israel.  He rides across the Heavens to help you, across the skies in majestic splendor.
The Eternal God is your refuge, and His everlasting ARMS are under you.  Deut. 33:26-27.

I don't know about you -- but thinking of our Father on a horse skidding to a stop to get his arms under mine is the answer to all my concerns.  My worries suddenly seemed pretty small.
   
                                                                                                                                    Image result for jesus riding a horse
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers