God is in CONTROL

Friday, March 27, 2015

YOU Know Who YOU Are . . . . WE Know What YOU Did For Me ... GOD Saw

Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”  Luke 6:30   

God has a bigger shovel!

This verse has been in my head today.


A longtime friend - who speaks so much back into my life every time we are together -- a heart-to-heart sister of my generation -- Rebecca --- picked me up after Chemo when Terry had to go teach his Friday class at TCC -- took me to lunch -- and even had a frozen meal in the car for next week when I hit the blahs.  Our lunches turn in to 3 hr. catch up times at a great little restaurant on Memorial - The Tropical-- that grows their own vegetables at the side of the building -- They end up filling our cups and glasses for hours while we talk nonstop.

Last time were were catching up over the past 12 years -- this time the past 2.  Rebecca leads a busy life as caregiver and advocate for their son Adam and grandma to two sweet little toddlers.  Her life is full of care and nurture.  Any time I can catch with her is special.  This was no accident that she texted me on Wed. about today.

I've written here quite often about the God-stops -- the timing of a particular gift-- and words spoken that HE has sent my way.

 As I skimmed the text - I saw so many verses about when you give to the least of these you have given unto me.  Well, I know I'm one of those "least of these" and friends I just want to remind you that your precious acts you have sent, done or said -- Jesus saw, and He loves your giving heart and SO DO I.

That whole verse about give and it will be given to you.  So many times friends will say "Well, Jan -- you've done such and such ____________ it's just coming back to you."
  Let's just get this straight.  Any good I've done -- probably all came back in the first month of this Journey.  Anything now is on JESUS TIME and I count it as HIS Loving Kindness that is touching me day by day.  It's not because of who I AM or what I DID one time way back there -- It's b/c of WHO HE IS AND WHO YOU and I ARE IN HIM -- His chosen ones.

AREN'T WE ALL JUST GETTING A LITTLE CLOSER TO HOME AND FEELING HIS LOVE Stronger in our lives?  

As our world  and the nightly news gets darker -- don't we want HIS Light brighter in our day to day world?

I love what I heard a minister say one day --"GOD wants a big family and HE wants us to look like his Oldest Boy."  I want that for my life.

In all this I want to be more attentive to HIS nudges.  Listen more close to HIS voice and
 Live life more simply
 throwing off all the excess that weighs me down.

I want to give more -- 
be more -- 
praise more --
but Most of ALL 
quiet down to listen.


Chemo #8 is one for the books.  

HALFWAY THROUGH TREATMENTS.  YOU HAVE MADE THE JOURNEY A TIME OF REST AND PEACE BY HELPING IN SO MANY AREAS OF MY LIFE. 
 LOVE TO YOU ALL.     Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers