God is in CONTROL

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My heart is heavy and my mind is on overload. One of our granddaughters has not survived. Bethany is 22 weeks and will need to be very careful for the next few weeks. We ask your prayers for this very special granddaughter yet to be born.
The doctor used the term twin to twin transfusion syndrome. We're trusting God.

At the same time early this morning that I was awake and blogging so was our sweet Bethany. I have included her words because I am asking that you all stand in prayer for the specific things she is asking:

It's 3:36 am and my mind won't stop racing. We found out yesterday afternoon at our ultrasound with the perinatologist that we lost one of the twins. It was absolutely devastating news. It's a whole other story, that I can't go into right now. It looks like the girls were identical twins and suffered from twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome in which one baby gets more of the nutrients than the other. Having identical twins is pretty rare, unfortunately, having this icky disease is not. The highest time of risk is between 16 and 24 weeks. We were originally told that our babies didn't fall into this category and that it wasn't anything to worry about. Clearly the events at yesterday's appointment were completely off our radar.

We are crushed to say the least. While we rejoice in the life of our other baby (Baby A), we morn for the one we lost (Baby B). (** Please not that the names A & B have nothing to do with the events, it is simply what they doctor's call them based on their position inside my uterus) I have so many questions and feelings whirling around in my brain, I don't even know where to start with that. The past 2 1/2 weeks have been such a roller coaster of emotions. We are just kind of a big fat mess right now, not knowing which way to think or feel at times. Confusion. Hurt. Sadness. Questions. Concern.
While I could write on and on trying to clear my head, I need to ask you - whoever you are reading our blog- to stand in prayer for Baby A. It seems that Baby A is now at an increased risk of not surviving. She is also at an even more increased risk of developing neurological complications or cerebral palsy. The next 2 1/2 weeks are critical. I don't think there will be a time in the pregnancy where we will be "out of the woods" from what I understand. Some of the complications might not appear until after she is born. It's a wait and see type game where there isn't a whole lot we can do - other than pray. Mat and I firmly believe in the power of prayer and ask you to pray specifically for the following things:
-Pray for the strength of this little girl, Baby A. She is quite a little fighter.
-Pray for her continual development, both physically and mentally.
-Pray for the doctor's that we will be seeing over the next few weeks.
-Pray for us to have insight and wisdom as to do what is best for her.


The verse I am focusing on and praying over Baby A right now is:
"May the God of Hope fill you with joy and peace as you trust in him, that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

We firmly believe that God won't give us more than we can handle- whatever that may be. We are staying positive and sending lots of love and positive energy to this little girl. We ask you to do the same. We need to hear positive stories right now, success stories.

We have already been touched with so many kind words, phone calls, texts, e-mails, offers of food, prayer support etc. My family is on their way into town and we know without a doubt that we aren't going through this alone.


Terry and I love you all and are so blessed to have family we can ask this request of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers