God is in CONTROL

Tuesday, September 1, 2015



TRUTH FOR TODAY:
Colossians 1:17, "He is before all things, and in him all things hold together." (NIV)


This was in my Proverbs 31 devotional this morning -- I needed it.

My last 3 days haven't gone as planned --

Extreme dizziness from an anti-cancer drug causing me to  fall out of the tub getting ready for Church on Sunday (don't even do the visual on that one) followed by a trip to the Urgent Care instead of Worship--

Missing a call from my surgeon's office that they were changing my appointment -- only to show up yesterday afternoon (in extreme pain on my right side b/c of the fall) and wanting to know how it was that they hadn't written down my appointment -- ooooh RED FACE HERE when I realized I hadn't found that message on my phone.


Embarassed that it was "my bad" -- but ever so thankful the doctor would go ahead and see me and check out my soreness.

Last night was a restless night in a pain that no meds could touch -- 

BUT GOD -- holds it all together -- HE keeps us glued together and content in HIM.   I couldn't help but remember my standing up -- not falling down passage -- "Now to HIM who is able to keep you from falling" -- from Jude 24.

It's going to be a day of LEANING IN and LEANING ON HIM  --- AND enjoying daily pics from this precious little one!


We can't wait to meet this little one in person this weekend!
Dear God, Help me let go of the constructed life and embrace the connected life, even if it means I don’t get all my work finished. Remind me to be still in Your presence so I might remember that my soul is made to find my rest in You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers