God is in CONTROL

Friday, September 25, 2015

Fighting for the Children

                                               
                                                            
One of my students, Kelzie, has made me aware of the pressing need for support of children going through cancer treatment. Unlike Breast Cancer - childhood cancer research is underfunded.
Kelzie is close to Kodi, a six-yr old girl fighting the battle of her life with courage.  Our FCCLA, NHS, STUCCO and the remainder of the student body sponsored the fight last week and raised over $3000 for this effort.
At tonight's game some 60+ families of these children will have their own section in the stands at Owasso's Homecoming Football game.  
Kelzie brought Kodi to my classroom last Thursday afternoon and I was able to give her a special survivor bracelet given to me during the worst of my treatments.  
These young kids go through lumbar punctures, chemo, platelet treatments and so many other procedures during a week.  They have reactions to their medications just like we big people do - My heart hurts thinking about them going through these procedures.  

This link shows a compelling video that our students saw last Thursday showing local children in this fight against cancer.


https://www.dropbox.com/s/lu776j1iglf2mb2/My%20Movie%202.wmv?dl=0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers