God is in CONTROL

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sleepless in KC




So today, I get this txt. msg. from Bethany -- "In honor of it being the Lord's Day this morning from 3-5 am I sang Campbell "Amazing Grace" 402 times and "Jesus Loves Me" 338 times. She went on to say, "Campbell liked the singing and it kept me from being frustrated."

It's sort of like Terry said about prayer this morning, quoting C.S. Lewis, "I don't know if prayer changes God, but it DOES change me."

Campbell DOES have her sleep issues -- Some people have quoted what they like to call the baby verse in the Bible, "We shall not all sleep but we WILL all be changed." 1 Cor. 15:51

My mother always used to say, "this too shall pass". And that's what Bethany & Mat know and it keeps them patient during this stage of C's development.

For these stages I like what HE says in Isaiah 40 "He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young." That's my kids right now -- so it speaks to my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers