God is in CONTROL

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Home



We've just returned from our daughter and son-in-law's home and I have to tell you it's one of the most inviting and welcoming places we go. Terry said from the first "this place just feels like home." That's because they make it that way for each person who takes shelter under their roof.
When I grew up HOME was everything to me. My family was extremely close and Mom was the hub of our household. Those days we'd come home from school and holler for Mom because we knew so many of our needs would be met when we found her.


As I grew older, went to college, got married and moved away Homecomings became even sweeter. As I think about home several images come to mind of the house I grew up in. There was the sight of home as we rounded the "bend" on Main St. in my little hometown of Moro, IL. The lights would be on and my mother would be watching for our car, we knew from the kitchen window. There was the feeling of coming through the back door, looking for Mom and Dad, the smell of food cooking and the sense of relief that came over me because I knew I was back where I first belonged.


A couple of weeks ago my pastor husband talked about an older saintly sister who was "homesick" ready to go her Heavenly residence. It caused my heart to quicken with anticipation as I thought about how it will be when we go through that front door -- that overwhelming sense of relief and joy knowing we're HOME. I'm sure we'll not have to holler or look for Jesus, because I believe HIS face will be the first we see, I'm sure the lights will be on and the sights, sounds and smells of home will be inexpressible!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers