God is in CONTROL

Monday, August 31, 2009

Life Lessons My Plants Taught Me

I planted my first vegetables this summer. Terry has noticed through the years that I always like to plant flowers but lose energy with the upkeep of a garden. This year was different!

I started with a few tiny vegetable plants -- a little late in the season - and they struggled against the heat and the broadleaf weeds -- but they were survivors --Peppers, Tomatoes and Cucumbers! - My first produce in our 36 years of marriage!



While struggling to get my garden going and growing -- I learned a bit of Botany Philosophy 101.

You don't harvest the day you plant - this holds true with relationships, raising kids and marriage, too.

Weeds choke out the good stuff. . .Junk, excess of all sorts and stress do the same thing.

Pruning produces an even greater crop. Cutting Back, trimming away (even budgeting) gives way for new growth in people, as well.

All God's seedlings and critters need water and rest. It's refreshing, renewing, rehydrating and gives new energy


Picking the fruit makes way for more to come and the harvest makes it all worth the effort. Isn't life's harvest what we're really working' and waitin' for?

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Gal. 6

Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness.
2 Cor. 9:10


These verses remind me that in my life's work where at the time I may not be seeing much fruit -- at some point the harvest will come -- if I just keep at it. . .tillin' and toilin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers