God is in CONTROL

Saturday, August 1, 2009

WHERE DID THE SUMMER GO?



I've had great quality time with my family having been on a couple trips with them. Now it's time to pack up and head back to school in 12 short days. . . I never did get to the summer toss project I planned for my attic nor did I get the desk refinished I'd hoped to.

Hmmm . . . It's time to get it all going again. I need to -
Set up my classroom
Get course objectives together
Scan those new textbooks
Look over class roll sheets
Arrange seating charts and first week activities.


One of the best helps in pre-prep for this coming year was the coffee time at Panera's I had last week with my Youth Alive officers -- three vibrant young ladies who want so much for their Youth for Christ activity to be a strong organization this coming year. Afterwards, we did a "Prayer Walk" through our high school and I believe all four of us were blessed by it. Hearing these young women pray for the needs of our administrators and every department in our school was such an uplift for me.

Approaching any upcoming school year, I always like to set personal as well as educational goals for myself. They often look like . . .

"This year I am going to work smarter -- not bring home 3 hours worth of papers to grade or do homework for a couple of hours at night,
"I am going to eat healthier - I'm going to exercise EVERY day -- not just three or four."
"I am going to relax outside more to renew my spirit
."

Just maybe I COULD work in one more 2-day get-away -- knowing that when the school year starts, there's not much getting away for 9 months. I could maximize the time away by packing in my new textbooks to review while we're gone.

All that said, teachers experience an overwhelming sense of anticipation when they walk back into their classrooms for the first time after summer break . . . wondering who will sit in those seats this year, what the year will unfold and what new things THEY will learn in the coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers