God is in CONTROL

Monday, July 6, 2009

SO WHAT is a SUPER KID?




When I have “kid times” in the summer at our house – my purpose is always to provide an outlet for the children in our primary classes at Life Park to have a day out and their moms have a bit of a break. I remember what it was like to keep a super summer going with enough activities and food to reduce the squabbles to a minimum. There are only so many VBS that a kid can go to before they know all the routine. There are only so many trips to Wal-Mart you can make and who wants to be out in the heat, anyway? By July everybody is getting a little restless and the excitement of summer is beginning to wane.

I believe this time is best served if it is built around a Biblical theme with time in the Word, in the pool, with games to play, a chance to do some serving, and even a little cooking lab time.

We have a lot more boys this year – I previously have done this for girls and taught them to sew, cook and do crafts. This year I have a greater number of boys – so it promises to be a little rowdier.

Ladies and teens quickly signed up to help and at present it looks like we can expect 8-10 Primary SUPERKIDS! This year I want them to become aware of all the different names of God we see in the Word and learn how HE reveals himself in each of those ways.

I’ve been praying about this and I ask you to pray for us --- It’s sure to be exciting, a little messy and hopefully some great spiritual fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers