God is in CONTROL

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Youth Alive? -- Me???

My friend is moving and asked me to fill her position as sponsor of our school's youth for Christ group, called "Youth Alive". The students are juniors and seniors preparing to launch their lives.

I have to admit at 58 and 11/12ths there are some days as I go to school I am asking "just make me alive today and help me make you look good, God." or "Let me make it today with no more sleep than I've had and not bite somebody's head off." Somedays, I confess, I feel like Sarai of old in an i-pod, i-phone, wii, txt. msging, youth-driven society.

I don't know the new Christian bands, haven't been to a youth rally in decades and my responsiblities in ministry keep me always striving and praying to meet needs of our children's department and hospitality needs of our members.

However, I want to be an influence for God's good in my classroom and with my students. I've prayed that several days on my way to work -- that I not waste this time that I am in the classroom and look at each day as a wonderful opportunity. I realized I couldn't say no --because I've prayed to be useful for HIM, but felt overwhelmed with this awesome responsibility. I feel I have to accept his gifting in this, but I could give several reasons it wouldn't fit into my schedule at this time in my life.

A friend says, "If HE brings you TO IT, HE will bring you THROUGH IT. I know that there will be new things HE wants to show me and teach me and even ways HE wants to stretch me. Saying "no" would demonstrate a lack of faith in what HE can and will do in me.

"I'll took it to the church and have asked for their prayers behind me as I do this." God impressed on me this week that I can't do it under somebody else's agenda but CAN only do it as he opens doors and guides me.

"To Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us. . ." Let's see what doors HE opens up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers