God is in CONTROL

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Our Friend, Les

After I wrote Ted's blog and later attended the funeral service for him, I looked over and there sitting with his wife was our friend, Les. I want to give these words to Les, long before we will have to eulogize them.

We call him LES, his wife, Orpha, calls him LEROY, and Terry and he refer to each other as PAIN BROTHERS. Les has left a deep impression on me and my family. Serious, always steadfast -- Les has faced so many trials. Six years ago he suffered a severe heart attack and we were afraid we were going to lose him. Les has come through so many different transitions and always stays the course. If anybody could say, "Who signed me up for that?" it's Les. Forced into an early retirement because of his MS, Les also has limited vision due to macular degeneration.

There are times when you will be standing talking to Les and he'll weaken and go down on one knee as his legs give out. To Les I want to give one of my favorite verses from Jude 24 -- "To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy --to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord,"

Les is an overcomer and I believe these overcomer passages speak to our friend, Les, as we see him take life's tests and pop quizzes with the strength and dignity of a man of God.

To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it. Will it say "LEROY?", "LES?", or __________? (the new name God gives.)
Revelation 2:16-18

Revelation 3:12
To Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it.


All you stand for and have stood through is not lost on the rest of us. You're an example of endurance and patience.
We love you, Les

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers