God is in CONTROL

Friday, January 27, 2012

My Favorites from the Week

"Whew! I thought I'd never get outside -- I can't believe Mom was insisting I put my shoes on first -
After 15 minutes--she won"

A Facebook status I read by Angela Murray, "I wish Heaven weren't so far away -- I'd love to take the kids and go for the day!"

A Youtube link that one of my YA gals shared with us yesterday by Eric Ludy  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWHJ6-YhSYQ  It redefined my mission for the coming months and years!

Something I found in my morning e-mail a few days ago from Women of Faith that spoke to my heart in this stage of life --I'm putting it here on my blog to remember (and so I won't lose it :-) 



Finding Perspective
by Dale Hanson Bourke
Here’s what I am learning: God wants us to spend the second halves of our lives worrying less about what we do and more about who we become. He wants to turn our lives upside down and use us in magnificent, unexpected, world-changing ways.


He is calling us to step up to the challenge and to leave the past behind.
God is calling you to build spiritual muscle, to develop a resume of soul work, to find peace and joy like you have never known. God wants to take you on an adventure unlike anything you have ever dreamed.
A second calling isn’t about something you do but about someone you become, it is the belief that the best is yet to come, and it will probably look very different than anything that has come before. It is faith that God’s call is not just for the young but for the faithful. It is the confidence that what we can do through God is more than we can imagine accomplishing on our own. Your second calling doesn’t necessarily build your resume, but it builds your soul.

 Shopping is so much more fun if Mom lets me stand in the cart and flash my gorgeous smile at everybody!

 Can't wait to give the kids some time away and keep this little shopper -- don't think we'll brave Target, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers