God is in CONTROL

Monday, August 8, 2011

When the pump is dry --it's time to prime it.


It's been a summer of renewal. I was not only worn out at the end of the school year -- I was dry . . . I had trouble putting six words together to finish a sentence or complete a thought.


I've always heard, "a change is as good as a rest"  Well, this summer I tried both.


I've cleaned closets and our house more thoroughly than I usually do, read three books and picked up a Beth Moore study I'd started two summers ago -- time drinking from the true Water  always helps to end my personal drought.


T & I have talked about how many relationships God has reconnected us to these past four months.  What a blessing -- enjoying  family, old friends from ministry and getting to spend more time with our kids.


As some of my posts have indicated,.I have walked down memory lane pretty far this summer as I sorted everything from the past 60 years in the attic and closets--   Enough of the past -- I'm ready for the new future God is opening up for us as our Church family moves into our new home in a couple of months.


I have had some impressions I heard in my mind so strongly this summer --I believe they were God-given --  
                              they're right from His Word:

He who began a good work in you, will carry it on to completion
and
Those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength.

One of my special Super Kids, Luke McGlothlin, recommended "Heaven Is For Real" by Todd Burpo to me this Spring-- telling me his favorite parts of the book. With extra time this past week, I finally decided to "Kindle" it to my iphone.  It was an impressionable read.

My favorite lines from the book: 
 
his continued stressing to his parents:


  JESUS LOVES THE CHILDREN SO MUCH

and  

Jesus says if you come to Heaven you get a new body!!!  WHEW!!!

and

HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!

Something I've prayed is -- Lord help me live my life in such a real way that people are hungry for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers