God is in CONTROL

Thursday, April 8, 2010

What Do YOU Want to Ask?

With the upcoming opening of the movie "Letters to God", I read an e-mail forward last Thursday in Youth Alive that has made the rounds several times "Children's Letters to God." The students loved it and laughed -- at ones like


"Dear God -- Please don't send Peter Brown to my camp this summer" - Bobby
or


"Dear God -- if you look careful in Church next Sunday you can see my new shoes." Lisa.


"Dear God - - Instead of letting people die and having to make new ones -- why don't you just keep the ones you got now?"

I asked them to write letters to God asking what they'd always wanted to know. One such letter,


"Dear God, What does the face that launched a thousand ships look like?"
or
"Is there poker night in Heaven?"

and "Are the chocolate chip cookies better in Heaven?"

or "Why do people hate life so much that they want to end their's?"

or "Thank you for saving me from myself" - Your Prodigal Daughter.


Today we continued in that same vein. I told them on Sunday I had taught the crucifixion story to my SuperKids and explained that the soldiers threw dice to determine who would get Jesus' seamless robe. I said I want to find the soldier who won the robe and ask him -- did he realize he was wearing the coat of the son of God? After the earthquake and six hours of darkness with people coming out of the tombs -- did it "sink in" that this really was the son of God? What did he do with the coat?

My question to them was -- when you get to Heaven WHO do you want to ask and WHAT do you want to know?

One gal said she wants to find the boy who gave the lunch to feed the 5,000 -- "What did you feel like when you saw YOUR lunch feed so many people?" "Did you willingly offer or did they come asking for it?"

One of my rowdier guys seriously said, "I want to ask Paul how he turned his life around after the blinding light?"

Or "Jonah, what was it like in the belly of the whale?"

Another young lady wants to ask one of Jesus' brothers what it was like to have him for a sibling -- and hear their Mom say, "why can't you be more like your big brother?"

One guy said he wanted to talk to Lazarus -- did he really want to come back?

An intuitive one wants to ask Judas, "What did you feel when you saw what happened to Jesus?"


YOU KNOW THINKING ABOUT WHAT ALL IS GOING ON IN HEAVEN AND WHO IS ALREADY THERE, I REALIZE THAT THE



















ISN'T THE REAL THING! IT'S EVERYTHING THAT TAKES PLACE IN THE SPIRITUAL REALM THAT IS TRUE REALITY! Thinking about it gives me new perspective on my day-to-day challenges.

He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. Eccl. 3:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers