God is in CONTROL

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Trash Bag Chic


It's that time of the school year -- when we're all tired of cold weather, plenty ready for Spring Break, and everybody seems to have brain fog as we sit around and wait for it to warm up.
I find projects keep me and my students "hooked up" to the learning process. We're getting ready to sew and are just now in the color, line and design unit. My co-worker shared a fashion project idea with me whereby the kids use garbage bags and brightly colored duct tape to design a garment for their "model". Models told their designers a particular body "flaw" they wanted to de-emphasize.


It's been interesting what they've come up with. I even remarked to one young lady, who's dress was quite chic that she could wear it to the prom. Our guys looked buff in some of the muslce man shirts they came up with. I've included some of the best!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers