God is in CONTROL

Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Happy Heavenly Birthday, Mom

 




Today, Mom, marks your 19th Heavenly Birthday.  103 years old by earth counting if you were still with us.

You used to talk about the home God had prepared for you in Heaven.

In your last days when Hospice was predicting your homegoing -- you would say,

"It's all in God's timing -- when He's ready it will happen."

I miss you terribly Mom -- but this one thing-- I am so glad that you can't see all that is happening in our world today. You were always about helping kids in need at Moro school.  In your last days, you even supported children in Bethany's classes that needed clothes.

I thought a lot during this month of July about the classes you would have for young girls teaching them how to teach Bible Classes.  I taught sewing camp here at home and thought about how much you taught me about sewing and how you would have loved that project.




This past week I got to sew Clara a little dress (from 63 years of sewing I was able to create it without a pattern).  

Charlie is eager to use the sewing machine.

You were the master teacher with creating individual learning pads for each of your 2-3 yr olds and 4-5 yr olds in Sunday School.  You taught for 30+ years and created one of the first Mother's Day outs in the late 60's and early 70's.  

We're a long line of teachers in our family you - me - Bethany.  I wonder which of the Grands will choose to be an educator.

Each and every day - something that you taught me comes to mind - whether it is - stretching the budget - a sewing tip or a faith lesson. 

You taught the boys how to build -- your curiosity was always about learning to create.  "We can make it for less" was always your motto.

Thanks Mom for making us lifelong learners.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers