God is in CONTROL

Saturday, June 2, 2018

Finishing Strong

It seems that the last 7 weeks of school felt like a whole semester!  My seniors came back from the walk-out break and were DONE!  As teachers our mail goal was to keep them connected and get them graduated. I put off the main meal foods lab they all love and saved the relationship unit that always brings good response until the final days of school- which helped tremendously.



Teachers were playing "catch-up" and trying to get everything finished.  Earlier, I had approached our principal, Mark Officer, and suggested a Secretary appreciation day and a Teacher luncheon.  Both meals involved shopping and careful planning with my students helping to carry it out-- My co-workers, Patty and Judi were huge help!!

I measured it a big success as I  heard the comment from one Administrator "I never get to sit and just relax like this" -and saw teachers enjoy the time to laugh and enjoy each other's company over stuffed potatoes,  salad and Patty Mayfield's killer brownies.

My last day of school, June 1st I got a call from my former principal, Matt Roberts, asking if I would stop by the 6th grade center for a presentation.  The 6th graders at Owasso raised $930 at their end-of-the year Dodge Ball game for our family support program which furnishes groceries for families experiencing a shortfall.


My students would  unload my car after a massive $600 shopping trip, assemble grocery boxes and organize for families in need of support

It's been a great year -- the theme of community carried me through as I saw student rise up to help others feel a part of the class.  The feedback I received the last week in response to my question, "What is your take-away from this class?"  was encouraging and gave me a feeling of accomplishment for my year's goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers