God is in CONTROL

Saturday, March 31, 2018

Retreat and Renewal

We had hit the ground running from Denver -- a busy week at school -- huge shopping for lab and family support boxes -- company and then to head out to a staff retreat -- on Easter weekend!

I will be honest -- it wasn't high on my bucket list as I am pretty guarded about my Friday night / Saturdays -- I was exhausted and didn't feel up to lots of people -- just being honest here.  I tend to think I have to be OFF schedule on a weekend and wasn't looking forward to one -- BUT THEN --

We arrived at Deanna and Jeff Ohara's cabin and the tension and fatigue began to drain from me --

Sitting around the fire -- RELAXING -- singing -- just being -- I began to revive in a way I hadn't in some time.

I looked at these young families -- our kids in a sense of the spiritual -- looking at their children and reflecting on how these four families are instilling Jesus into every part of their teaching and training.

I thought about the young Christian authors and bloggers I read and thought these are every bit the spiritual leaders that those people I learn from are. . . thinking and reflecting on how blessed we are to be serving under their young leadership now.

What I thought would be a regimented schedule turned out to be a really relaxing time --  playing with the children -- there were 14 little ones-- We have g'kids -- I know how little sleep you get with little ones --  I figured somebody's little one would fuss through the night -- not a peep!  We were just off the kitchen next to the bathroom -- no NOISE -- we even slept in.

 Kids Fished --


Men cooked breakfast --

Kids played --


and sailed

Mommas nursed babies -- supervised kids and we all circled up before lunch and shared -- our two leader couples sharing and passing a blessing on to the rest of the staff couples from what God put in their hearts and minds about us.

On this Easter weekend, I couldn't help but remember how Jesus connected again with Peter in the front of a fire.  I left renewed, restored and recreated -- ready for Easter celebration!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers