God is in CONTROL

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Hearing


During these times of real relaxing that I seem to hear
God more clearly

 I was reading this verse at some point this weekend and while we were driving home from services this morning this came to my mind
For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory.  Col. 3:3-4

When God brought this verse to mind – I was thinking of being hidden under a tarp or cover for safety with Jesus and that as HE would come up from undercover to reveal HIMSELF – I would “pop up” also – it made me smile thinking of being so carefully protected by Jesus.

Or as one of my YA students told the story of the time he saw a Daddy, on a cold day in Detroit, zip his small coatless two year old into his big fleece jacket totally surrounding her-- to the point she was hidden --lost in her daddy's warmth and protection. He said that verse reminded him of the time he witnessed this Father's love and care.

It got me to thinking of dying to self -- being so hidden in Christ.  . . .that my desires and habits and time wasters are of no importance any longer. 

Another passage that came back to my mind as I was shopping in Wal-Mart yesterday and thinking about my Sunday school class -- I was looking for something to use as a "hook" for today's lesson on Lent and Focusing on Jesus during the next 6 weeks.  
I found these Easter Eggs that were covered with tiny mirrors and I thought about that my elementary age girls in Sunday school would LOVE those. . .  


 These eggs made me think of the phrase reflecting God's glory -- and I wanted them to apply that concept--

For God who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts,to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ  -- (Jesus reflecting God's glory-- there you have it an "AH HAH moment as to who Jesus is)  2 Corinthians 4:6

15 Then you will be innocent and without any wrong. You will be God’s children without fault. But you are living with crooked and mean people all around you, among whom you shine like stars in the dark world. (Us reflecting God's love)  Phil 2:15


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers