God is in CONTROL

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Tie-Dye Angels????

Sometimes I wonder where do I get some of these crazy ideas??? I talked through my set-up and prep steps with my accomplished tie-dyer and elem. teacher, Bethany. All morning long her warnings kept ringing in my ears -- "Mom you need at least three people to help you paint those t-shirts with your kids." Marshall's words from several years ago, when he would come home from college to help me with children's ministry, also rang loud and clear - "You can sure come up with the messiest projects for these kids."
I mentioned that to Fran, my co-teacher and she certainly didn't disagree. She worked frantically trying to keep up with all the demands and wipe up dye sprayed all over their work trays and tables.

We had 10 kids all clamoring for more rubber bands or whining because they didn't want to put them all on -- A few of my quiet regulars waited patiently for Ms. Jan to cut holes in plastic bags to make them smocks to protect their clothes (I should've gotten that all done last night) -- Others knew exactly what they wanted to make and got to work -- using up lots of dye from those who were waiting on me. Thanks Luke and Mason for being so patient! (Should've bought more bottles of dye.)

We didn't get any songs practiced -- my head was hurting so badly -- that every song I pitched too high or simply in my pain fog forgot the words. . . but they all left excited -- one wondering if he got a flashlight like everyone else to sing "Light of the World" - the rest anxious to try on their red and green ball caps to wear with their shirts --


Tie-dye angels???? I think it brings more light into Christmas. This year at our house, I turn on all our Christmas lights every day to brighten up the dull drab den --reminding me that HIS coming brings light into the darkness. (The outside of our house sort of resembles a used car lot with all our white lights.)

I think in their brightly colored shirts and ball caps -- some with angel wings and all with a song in their hearts they are going to bring light to every person, reminding them that "Their LIGHT has come".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers