God is in CONTROL

Sunday, June 14, 2009

What a Birthday Week!


Terry always says I don't want a birth DAY -- I want a birth MONTH. This year, it really was a whole week long -- Starting with the kids coming in on Friday to celebrate early on June 5th. They know I love it best when we all gather in the kitchen to each prepare our favorite dishes. Let's see it was Marshall's asparagus, coconut cake and steaks and Bethany's salad and Terry's ? ?? Oh, that's right he did the shopping and planning.

I got to have lunch with a dear friend, received cards from other special friends, read facebook birthday wishes from people various places I've lived, plus got calls from a dear friend of 57 years and my younger brother, Bill. At this point I have 3 raincheck birthday lunches!!! I am blessed beyond measure!

It's at this time when I realize the significance of long time friends and newer relationships and how very much I enjoy having all these people in my life.
Our Creator God made us relational people - with a need for people to complete our lives and . . . like the song says, "I get by with a little help from my friends." (and my wonderful family !!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers