God is in CONTROL

Friday, April 10, 2020

It's Friday -- The Day That Makes All the Difference!

So many times I hear in these news reports the words "not prepared for this". It made me remember Jesus's lessons on being ready. Because of the significance of what we are remembering today - Jesus' sacrifice for us -- we CAN be prepared for a beautiful life in eternity. Today - REMEMBER ----Choose Jesus.
It's been a time of simple living -- living off schedule.
It's been a time of remembering as I leafed through albums on a project searching for just the right picture. Remembering how very good God has been to us.
It's been a time of deep reflection -- deeper into scripture -- looking at the words of the Gospel writer Luke- how often he used the word "AMAZED"
Its been a time of gratitude for my people -- even though we can't be together -- connecting online reminds me how very much I am loved.
But in all of this -- remembering what JESUS went through on that fateful Friday - the darkness, the separation from Father God -- I now have
LIGHT from that darkness - lifting depression
HOPE - it became my word way back in 2010
PEACE with GOD as I read this morning - that drives out guilt that I am so prone to carry and shame that creeps up
JOY in the present and JOY for what will come.
From that, I want to live in THANKFULNESS today -- REMEMBERING

Messiah - God's promised gift come to get us back to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers