God is in CONTROL

Friday, April 27, 2018

Teacher Walkout and a Work in Progress

With a whole week of school canceled on Friday April 29, I excitedly made my plans to complete the painting in the bath with trim and doors.  Sanding, painting took the better part of the week and most of my energy.

We learned at week's end we would be taking another week off and I figured after cleaning up the drop cloths, paint cans and smudges, it would be best to get us moved downstairs and back into the master bedroom. It meant moving 3 rooms.  I'm still sorting -- office items, clothes and other.  Vincente came and moved furniture and the rest is history.

Just down the road, Bethany was holding school to keep her littles busy
By day 8 of the walkout -- I decided it would be important to make an appearance at the capitol, telling Bethany I really didn't want to ride the school bus and stand for 8 hours -- or drive and find a place to park with 30,000 teachers descending on the capitol, she graciously said she'd take me and the kids.  Then other moms and kids wanted to join us.

The kids made signs . . . 



And the next day, 9 Kids, 2 Moms and 1 Nana all headed down the turnpike to OKC!




We all got behind the cause and supported education in OK.  The children AND MOMS appreciate their teachers and were glad to get back to school as was this Nana!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers