God is in CONTROL

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Thinking Back . . .

“The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them.” Psalm 34:7   I read it in an on-line devo this morning.  It's come up more than once this week.

This verse was one I prayed during the time Bethany was in Juarez - working a mission after her freshman year in college.  (Pretty appropriate since she was living in a tent)  I had thought she should stay home that summer and she said that God had impressed on her the need to go. to serve. to be in mission for that summer.   It lit such a fire for mission that she was sure she should quit college and go back there.

That verse was enough to keep me from going bonkers with worry.

I shared that with a mom this week and it brought back such calming memories of times HE took my fears and overcame them with peace.

Todays devotionals were all about fears and faith -- staying at our calling -- enduring -- trusting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers