God is in CONTROL

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Focus - My Word for Now

I love it when a lesson comes together!  This morning I was sort of numb and foggy -- As I was thinking through the day's activities, I felt clueless as to what we would do in Youth Alive.  I needed a word -- a seed thought to trigger a discussion among this lunch bunch.

I prayed a hurried request and then went about getting ready for school.

As I was drying my hair -- a question came to pose to this group of young believers:

"If you were hanging out with Jesus, where would you go? 


"If you were on HIS turf - where would HIS favorite spot be to take you?"

Lastly, thinking about how preoccupied they are on their phones,
"What does he have to do to get your attention?"  

At first they gave me "preachy" answers --- like "CHURCH" or  "The Mountains" --  then  one guy said "the water -- either walking on it or sailing it."

I explained that when we were in Israel several years ago, walking where Jesus walked, in all the touristy spots I just couldn't feel him close.   I looked for a special place that would seem as it was in Jesus day.  Every holy site had a church erected over it -- or stalls selling souvenirs positioned where Jesus taught and lived.  It was only when we got onto a boat and sailed off from shore on the Sea of Galilee that I actually felt that the view from the boat was possibly the same view Jesus would have had of the shoreline.  It was there on that trip that I felt I was seeing things as HE did.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers