God is in CONTROL

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Meet Me In St. Louis



 My cousin, Deb and I had talked of getting together this summer and plans finally took shape.  We decided to meet in St. Louis.  I found great hotel rates on line -- close to some of the major attractions and then learned that possibly I had selected one in a scary neighborhood.  Not to fear, Janet had experience as a dispatcher for the Knox Co. Indiana Sheriff's office.
Three of  Ida and Verner Brian's granddaughters




 We never knew our grandparents because they both died at an early age, so it was interesting to read letters from our Grandma Brian that I had discovered in my mother's keepsakes this summer. We shared stories that we'd learned from our mothers about these two special people.













We stayed right by the old
Union Station so we voted to
eat-out at Hard Rock St. Louis.



 


With triple digit temperatures -- what are three "mature"(50 or 60+)  women to do???  Head to the Mall -- No heat stroke for us by sightseeing outdoor attractions.  Stopping at Clayton's Galleria meant we HAD to sample dessert at the Cheesecake Factory!   The blurry effect to the picture is actually how we felt after we ate these huge pieces of cheesecake.


My brothers and I are indebted to Debbie, Janet and their folks for the care they gave our parents!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers