God is in CONTROL

Sunday, April 10, 2011

First Thoughts

As I was preparing for my Sunday school lesson yesterday . . . I came across a web link of one the stories of Jesus last days I was researching.  It was a plea from a children's Bible teacher saying if that we don't teach them well these words of truth-- the message of God's love will die out with our generation.



He cited examples of other nations that because these lessons from Scripture have not been carefully taught.now only 1% of the country are believers in Jesus   He plead for each generation  to pass Jesus teachings to the next.


This was still on my mind this morning when I woke up and set out to complete today's lesson for my rowdy  4-5th graders (mostly boys) -  How do I present this story of Jesus last days on earth to help them get a grasp of how passionately he taught about the Kingdom, living a life of service, and loving God first and foremost?

Parts of several verses came to my mind

". . . a famine for hearing the words of God" Amos 8



I thought of the generations that will come after me . . .I want to teach them well --
my favorite is from Deuteronomy 5 --
showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

and also from the same book -- this was impressed on me this week
The LORD your GOD will circumcise (cleanse) your hearts and the hearts of your descendants so that you may LOVE him with all your HEART and your SOUL and your LIFE.   Ch. 30:6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers