God is in CONTROL

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thankful

It's the holiday when our hearts and minds remember what we're most thankful for.
If we live everyday being thankful -- wouldn't we have a whole lot less depression?

I heard a woman say one time she had a journal that was her gratitutde book that she wrote in every day to remind herself of all her blessings. Very quickly mine turns to prayer requests, "bless ___________, help them get over, get through or get well."

I DO have so very much to be thankful for.

Of course, I'm thankful for my four favorite people:

>My husband of 37 years who always sees the best in me, gives me the benefit of the doubt and puts my needs above his own. These cherished years have seen us through so many changes in our lives and we've come to know each other so well that we can finish each other's sentences.

> Our two children who give me such joy as I watch their lives unfold and thankful for the upcoming holidays with them.

>My son-in-law -- (or son-in-love with my daughter). He is the answer to our prayers for Bethany's mate in every way. He's a kind, caring conscientious man who goes out of his way to make certain that others are well taken care of.

SOOOOOO thankful I'll be a grandma in the early summer!

>For the legacy of faith my parents lived out in front of me every day and for my brothers. I so enjoy the times I get to be with them and their families. What a proud aunt I am to Chelle & Michael, Angie, Tyler & Emily and Casey and Layne!

>Thankful for some very deep and lasting friendships -- you know who you are -- and as I get older -- friendships become even more dear -- and I purpose to work harder to nuture them. Thankful for new friends I have made this past year.

>Thankful for our Church family and the ministry God is allowing us to continue in.

>Thankful for my students and the wonderful school where I teach.

>Thankful for the little ones in my Sunday school class who give me an "up close and personal" view of God.

>Thankful for my good health and energy.

>Thankful for my husband's ongoing healing from his rheumatoid.

Thankful for my freedom!!

Paul says in the scriptures "In everything give thanks" -- so here goes:

>I'm thankful for the stresses and challenges of the past year. I can always look back and see lessons God taught me during those times.

>Thankful for times I have had to wait for answered prayer -- it opened my eyes to all the ways God was working and made me doubly appreciate all HE is doing in each situation.

>Thankful for the students who push my buttons. . .it really does build patience in me even when I want to scream! Thankful for kids who make me laugh and praying for those whose lives are falling apart right now.

>Thankful for lesson planning and teaching that helps to keep my mind moving -- not always in the same direction at once, though! (I can't bring myself to say papers to grade!)

GOD IS SO GOOD TO ME! He continues to shower me with everything I need for the situation at hand that day. Thank you Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers